Due to the growing demand of our clients, ETC Crystal has a vacancy for a Health Economist with immediate effect (0.8/1.0 FTE)
Profile ETC Crystal
ETC Crystal engages in technical assistance and consultancies in health systems strengthening in stable and fragile, low and middle income countries. We also execute a few projects in conjunction with local partner organisations. ETC Crystal provides services to a variety of clients, including national and international NGO’s, governments and bilateral and multilateral organizations.
ETC Crystal has a multi-disciplinary team of consultants with complementary competencies and experience, supported by a secretariat. The team combines expertise in health systems development and, including health financing, institutional and human resource development, and also has expertise in HIV/AIDS and sexual and reproductive health. ETC Crystal works with several associate consultants on a semi-permanent basis.
ETC Crystal forms part of ETC Foundation, based in Leusden, the Netherlands, which acts as employer of Crystal consultants.
We seek to employ a Health Economist who will closely collaborate with our multidisciplinary team of consultants. He/she will be assigned with consultancy services focusing on health systems strengthening, and more in particular on (innovative) health financing systems. Examples of current work of the ETC Crystal group include: performance based financing (project design and implementation; evaluation), health insurance, costing studies and impact evaluations applying quantitative research models. The economist we are looking for will support and expand these areas of work and strengthen Crystal’s international profile in this area.
The Health Economist will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance and advisory services to ongoing projects and programs
- Design and support the implementation of applied research projects and evaluations, using quantitative and qualitative models
- Contribute to development and implementation of training programs in health care financing
- Acquisition of projects and proposal writing.
Main areas of competence
- Ability to communicate with partners and clients from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds in a professional manner
- Ability to write in a logical, correct and understandable way
2. Teamwork and cooperation
- Has an enthusiastic, cooperative, flexible and supporting attitude
- Organizes team work when required and contributes to joint products or tender documents, making use of knowledge and expertise of colleagues
3. Planning and management
- Has a good overview of accomplishment of own tasks and responsibilities in a daily routine and works accordingly
- Is able to work task-oriented and can handle (inevitable) fluctuations in work load
- Plans activities accurately and timely and sets priorities in cooperation with the unit manager and/or fellow consultants
- Works quickly, accurately and efficiently; with an eye for quality performance – also in case of high work pressure related to tight deadlines – showing initiative and decisiveness when needed
4. Flexibility and taking (pro-active) initiatives
- Is able to identify and exploit (acquisition) opportunities in close collaboration with other ETC Crystal team members and the unit manager
- Has a great ability to pro-actively improvise in search of creative solutions
5. Relation management
- Has the capacity to maintain contacts with current en potential clients as well as relevant networks and platforms
- University degree in Economics or Health Care Management, preferably combined with a postgraduate Master degree in Health Economics or any comparable degree
- Proven experience of at least three years as a consultant, with demonstrable involvement with health care financing, preferably in a low income country setting
- Exposure to health systems in low income countries in Africa and Asia
- Track record in acquisition efforts and client portfolio
- Languages: English well spoken and written, French and Dutch desirable
- Able to handle large databases and conversant with statistical software packages (Epi-info, SPSS)
- Resident in Europe, preferably in The Netherlands
- Willingness to travel abroad for short-term assignments up to 4 weeks.
Information is available through Mr. Jos Dusseljee, unit manager ETC Crystal. Telephone ETC: +31-33-4326030.
Applications with an expression of motivation and a complete CV should be submitted in English to crystal@ etcnl.nl
ETC Crystal is looking for one or two consultants to strengthen its team. Ideally our new colleague(s) would have a capacity to render general consultancy services in the field of health systems strengthening. At the same time our new colleague(s) will have specific knowledge and competence in one or more of the following fields:
- Alternative health financing concept, including e.g. performance based financing and social health insurance
- Human resources for health
- Health systems development in fragile states
- Improving the connectivity between formal health (and HIV/AIDS) systems and informal community based health promoting efforts
We prefer candidates with an established client base, acquisition skills and an established consultancy track record.
ETC offers competitive terms of employment; new staff often start on a part time engagement with opportunities to grow towards a desired FTE%. ETC Crystal offers a collegial atmosphere; new comers will be offered peer support.
Applicants are asked to submit their CV preferably in electronic format to crystal@. etcnl.nl In addition to the standard personal details and contact information, your CV should include an overview of your key qualifications, educational history, areas of specialization, working history, and long / short term country experience. We furthermore welcome a motivation for joining Crystal, preferably including a brief statement what your personal ambitions are and how these befit Crystal’s principles, products and services and fields of expertise.
Register your CV
Requests for consultancy services reach Crystal continuously. In some cases, clients have rather specific expertise requests, which Crystal staff cannot meet. In addition, clients may seek advisors at very short notice. Consequently, Crystal is always looking for qualified experts in health and development issues. Crystal maintains an extensive database of advisors in a wide variety of subjects.
If you are interested in being included in this database, please send your CV, preferably in electronic format, to crystal@ etcnl.nl
In addition to the standard personal details and contact information, your CV should include an overview of your key qualifications, educational history, areas of specialisation, working history, and long / short term country experience.